Motorola MVME176 Board
The MVME176, a single-board computer (SBC), implements a Motorola 68060 CPU with memory management
and floating point units embedded.
The MVME176 itself is a single-height 6U VME board. This board was equipped with most of the I/O needed for full computer functionality, including RS232, Ethernet and SCSI.
The MVME712 module(s) is/are to be installed either in the front or the rear of the chassis, depending on the I/O option you select. Through the front panel I/O connector via cable to the MVME712-10 transition module, which may be mounted either in the forward card cage alongside the MVME176 (recommended) or in the rear transition module area. Through the front panel I/O and SCSI connectors via cable to the MVME712-06/07/09 I/O distribution board set, which likewise may be mounted either in the forward card cage alongside the MVME166 or in the rear transition module area.
- 68060 at 50 MHz or 60 MHz, including a MMU and Floating Point Processor
- Intel i82596CA Ethernet Controller
- NCR53C710 narrow SE SCSI bus controller
- 8-bit bidirectional parallel interface provided by Programmable Channel Controller (PCC2, an ASIC implementation)
- CD2401 provides four serial channels
- VMEChip2 VME Bus controller
- MK48T08 8kB Non-Volatile RAM and clock chip
- 128kB of SRAM
- PCC2 chip ASIC Programmable Channel Controller (provides interface to I/O-chips)
- Petra II or MCCEC ASIC Memory Controller Chip depending on model
- One 32pin (PLCC) EPROM socket for 1MB on-board memory
- VME Subsystem Bus (VSB) Interface
- Mezzanine boards with size of 4/8/16/32/64/128MB ECC-protected DRAM
- or two mezzanine boards may be stacked to provide 256MB of onboard RAM
- VMEchip2 ASIC provides VME interface
- The VME-I/O is implemented via the P1 connector
- 10 Status LEDs (FAIL, STAT, RUN, SCON, LAN, RPWR, SCSI, VME, TPWR, VSB)
- 2 switches (RESET and ABORT).
- Motorola System V/68 Release 3 Version 7
- Motorola System V/68 Release 3 Version 8
- Integrated System, Inc: pSOS+
- Lynx Real-Time Systems, Inc: LynxOS
- Microware Systems Corporation: OS-9
- Microtec Research, Inc: VRTX-32
- Wind River Systems, Inc: VxWorks
Public References (in year 2014)
Related MVME176 Documentation (in year 2014)
Available MVME176 models