Encore 91 and 93 Series
Encore built two types of m88k-based computers in the early 1990s:
Encore 91 Series
- Also called "Gemini"
- Targeted for real-time applications
- 2-4 25MHz 88100 CPUs
- 2 88200 CMMUs per CPU
- 16KB/16KB external I/D L1 cache
- 16MB RAM per CPU card
- 100MB/s bus bandwidth to the system's shared memory (local RAM from other CPUs) via the "Local bus"
- Up to 272MB of shared memory
- CPU board is a 9U VME Board, includes: VME-64, Ethernet, dual-SCSI, RS232
- The CPU are located as HYPERmodules (see MVME188)
on the CPU-board
- Up to four RAM expansion cards, 16 or 64 Mb each, can be added.
Encore 93 Series
- also called "Encore 88k MultiMax"
- Targeted for parallel processing, database and fileserving
- System built up with RPCs (RISC Processor Cards):
- Each features 4 25MHz 88100s and 2 88200 per CPU.
- 64MB local memory pre RPC.
- Up to 8 RPCs per system (= maximum of 32 CPUs)
- 100MB/s bus bandwidth via "Nanobus"
- Maximum of 640MB shared memory
- UMAX V - SMP version of Unix SystemV R3.2 with BSD and Mach extensions.
Supports POSIX parallel threads
- Encore 91: MicroMPX (RT guest OS, can take control of up to 3 CPUs)
← Back to Computers